<$BlogRSDUrl$>

jeudi, septembre 15, 2005

Le démasquer

The unmasking.

Google just launched their Blog Search function yesterday. It's brilliant -- imagine a Google search that only returns hits on blogs. So if, say, you wanted to find all blogs with "Dugong Junior College" somewhere in them, all you need to do is to search that phrase on Blog Search. Amazingly easy. Brilliant.

And so bloody crazy. That was exactly what I did out of curiosity and imagine my utter voyeuristic delight at discovering countless blogs belonging to people I know with just a simple search. At the same time, imagine my complete horror as I eventually found what I dreaded seeing -- a hit on my own blog. That's right. Blog Search has made us all a little bit more public than we wanted to.

I mean, there really isn't much to complain about when you go out and publish a public blog only to find that -- surprise -- people you know are reading what you're writing. Sometimes, you even go out of your way to publicize the existence of your little digital ego gem to people, you attention whore you.

But there are just some people you don't want reading your blog. Your tutors, for example, who might not be too hot about reading what you really think of their tutorials (guilty as charged). Your parents who you might not really want knowing what you were really doing when you went out for your "walk" yesterday. And that bitch sitting two seats to your right who might start a flame war with you when she knows what you've been promoting her as to your male friends.

Terrible. Just terrible.

And so delightfully fun. This should mean plenty of excitement; I can't wait for my first unwelcome visitor, especially when two Singaporean bloggers have already been charged under the Sedition Act.

Cindy: We should call the cops.
Ray: No way! I ain't going to jail!
Greg: Hey Cindy! You know what they do to young boys in prison? All those sex-starved convicts just waiting for a fresh piece of ass?
-- silence --

Ray: Hey Cindy. Maybe we should call the police.

I hope I haven't been racist.

Commentaires: 0

0 Comments:

Poster un Commentaire?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?