dimanche, février 27, 2005
Le bleu et contusionné
Blue and bruised.
That's a good way to describe my left foot right now. It's really frightening to look at; there's a dark blue bruise running down the left side of the foot.
But wait! That's not all! Turn the foot and guess what? Second bruise running down the right side! Lightly blue to perfection on each side!
I've had this damn injury since Wednesday. We were practicing the basket toss for the Cheer competition for Danceworks 2005 in school (taking advantage of Western Dance protection to use the mats of course) when the flyer landed a bit off in our arms. Unfortunately my left foot happened to have placed itself in a position that was a bit off as well.
Loud crack.
Ouch.
Oh, and there's a bruise on my right eye as well, if you notice it. It's much better than it was on Wednesday night now. Reason? Misplaced elbow from a mislanded basket toss.
Anyway.
I can still walk. Can still climb stairs, go down stairs, jump. Hell I can even run. But it hurts like hell.
I've ruled out a fracture. But I've probably torn a ligament. Then again I really don't know until I go to the polyclinic on Tuesday.
What I'm really surprised at was the fact that my foot didn't really hurt as much as I thought it would in the days after the incident. Thursday morning, the day after, was hell, of course. One step and I had to sit on my bed. But as the day went by, it hurt less and less.
Until after Danceworks. I'm really grateful for whatever defense mechanism or whatnot my brain has for blocking the most of the pain for as long as possible until the performance was over. We did the basket toss perfectly, higher than ever before. Every single head in the crowd craned up and up and up... following Cat as she flew high up in the basket toss. A series of elevators and full extensions followed. All this with my injury.
Then suddenly, 30 seconds was up and the cheer was finished. I'm quite sure we had one of the best if not most professional cheer routines in the whole of Danceworks.
Then the pain started.
I don't know what will happen to my foot. I've been joking it'll turn gangrenous and need my roommate to amputate it with his plastic ruler in the middle of the night while I'm asleep, but... I don't know. Whatever it is, I'm just happy we went in, did our job right and showed our stuff.
Commentaires: 0
That's a good way to describe my left foot right now. It's really frightening to look at; there's a dark blue bruise running down the left side of the foot.
But wait! That's not all! Turn the foot and guess what? Second bruise running down the right side! Lightly blue to perfection on each side!
I've had this damn injury since Wednesday. We were practicing the basket toss for the Cheer competition for Danceworks 2005 in school (taking advantage of Western Dance protection to use the mats of course) when the flyer landed a bit off in our arms. Unfortunately my left foot happened to have placed itself in a position that was a bit off as well.
Loud crack.
Ouch.
Oh, and there's a bruise on my right eye as well, if you notice it. It's much better than it was on Wednesday night now. Reason? Misplaced elbow from a mislanded basket toss.
Anyway.
I can still walk. Can still climb stairs, go down stairs, jump. Hell I can even run. But it hurts like hell.
I've ruled out a fracture. But I've probably torn a ligament. Then again I really don't know until I go to the polyclinic on Tuesday.
What I'm really surprised at was the fact that my foot didn't really hurt as much as I thought it would in the days after the incident. Thursday morning, the day after, was hell, of course. One step and I had to sit on my bed. But as the day went by, it hurt less and less.
Until after Danceworks. I'm really grateful for whatever defense mechanism or whatnot my brain has for blocking the most of the pain for as long as possible until the performance was over. We did the basket toss perfectly, higher than ever before. Every single head in the crowd craned up and up and up... following Cat as she flew high up in the basket toss. A series of elevators and full extensions followed. All this with my injury.
Then suddenly, 30 seconds was up and the cheer was finished. I'm quite sure we had one of the best if not most professional cheer routines in the whole of Danceworks.
Then the pain started.
I don't know what will happen to my foot. I've been joking it'll turn gangrenous and need my roommate to amputate it with his plastic ruler in the middle of the night while I'm asleep, but... I don't know. Whatever it is, I'm just happy we went in, did our job right and showed our stuff.
Commentaires: 0